Microsoft Office Support Error Code 0x15
Error Code 0x15 of Microsoft Office commonly occurs because of an existing installation of MS Office pack in your computer system. Please note that this error is relevant to all the editions of Microsoft Office 2013, Office 2016 and Microsoft Office 365.
This can occur in the below-enlisted versions of the MS Operating System
- Windows Server Edition of the year 2012/2008
- Windows 7 /8 /8.1/10
You can also check the event log for more information about office installation errors by selecting the event source VSTO4.0 from Windows applications logs. Here providing some example screenshots how to check log and office licensing event issues.
|Name of the error code||Error code 0x15|
|Office version||Office 2010/2013/365/2016|
|Event source||VSTO 4.0|
|Description||The description for Event 756 0 from source Office 2013 Licensing Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.|
Symptoms/Indications Error Code 0x15 :
It is noteworthy that the detection of the Error Code 0x15 in the earlier stages of the installation process can help you save a lot of time and effort. And there is no requirement of being a techno savvy to detect the early warning signs of this kind of error.
The following are certain critical signs of Error Code 0x15:
- The installation process of Microsoft Office will stop in an abrupt
- An error message will be displayed on your screen when you open office 365/2010/2013 program every time.
- The performance of your computer becomes slow and often hangs.
Causes for the Office Error Code 0x15:
When it comes to the technical failures, then there can be multiple numbers of factors contributing to the occurrence of this kind of installation error code 0x15.
- The slow speed of the Internet while installing Office program that may pause the background installation process abruptly.
- A previous Office installation that failed or corrupt.
- Domain Name System conflict issue (DNS).
- The security settings of your computer, software or the firewall blocking the installation process.
- Proxy Settings that are active on your computer.
- The pre-existing versions of the Office Suite.
- Failed Repair/Change/Partial/Removal/Incomplete/Installation of Office Suite.